Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. is a global semiconductor company with facilities around the world. The company primarily offers x86 microprocessors, chipsets, discrete graphics processing units (GPUs), server and embedded processors, dense servers, semi-custom system-on-chip (SoC) products and technology for game consoles. The company has global operations in various countries, across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific.
AMD operates its business through two segments: computing and graphics; and enterprise, embedded and semi-custom.
The company's computing and graphics segment designs, develops and sells desktop and notebook processors and chipsets, discrete GPUs and professional graphics. The segment offers microprocessors, as standalone central processing unit (CPU) or as incorporated as an accelerated processing unit (APU), chipsets, and discrete graphics processing units (GPUs). These microprocessors are designed to work together to provide a complete computing solution and to enable and advance the computing components. The company's microprocessors and chipsets are based on the x86 instruction set architecture and AMD's Direct Connect Architecture, which connects an on-chip memory controller and input/output (I/O) channels directly to one or more microprocessor cores.
The company's APUs for desktop PCs consist primarily of the AMD A-Series and AMD E-Series APUs and AMD FX CPUs for the enthusiast market. The APUs for notebook PCs consist primarily of performance AMD A-Series APUs and AMD E-Series APUs. These APUs combine discrete-level AMD Radeon graphics, dedicated high definition (HD) video processing and multi-core CPU processors on a single chip. The company's portfolio of chipset products includes chipsets with and without IGPs for desktop and notebook PCs and servers, as well as AMD Controller Hub-based chipsets for its APUs. The company offers AMD 9-Series chipsets for the Socket AM3/3+ platforms serving desktop PCs, and AMD A-Series Control Hubs for the Socket FM2/2+ and Socket FP4 platforms for desktop, all-in-one and notebook PCs. It also offer AMD 785E, 780E, 780M, SR5690, SB600, SB710, SB850 and M690T chipsets and AMD A-Series Controller Hubs for embedded products.
The company's graphics products are offered as part of an APU, GPU, SoC or a combination of a GPU with one of the other foregoing products working in tandem. It develop graphics products for use in various computing devices and entertainment platforms, including desktop PCs, notebook PCs, 2-in-1s and professional workstations. Its products include AMD Radeon R5, R7 and R9 series graphics. In June 2015, the company introduced the new AMD Radeon R9 Fury X and R9 Fury graphics, the AMD Radeon R7 300 and R9 300 series graphics as well as the AMD Radeon M300 series graphics.
The enterprise, embedded and semi-custom segment offers server processors, embedded processors and semi-custom products. The microprocessors for server platforms include AMD Opteron X-Series, AMD Opteron 6300 Series processors and AMD Opteron A-Series processors. Its processor products for embedded platforms include AMD Embedded R-Series APU and CPUs, AMD Embedded G-Series SoC platform and AMD Embedded Radeon GPUs. The company’s semi-custom products are based on AMD’s CPU, GPU and multi-media technologies.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.?
- How has Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years