Adams Resources & Energy, Inc.i s a US-based company involved in the business of exploration and production of gas in Texas and the south central region of the US as well as transportation of liquid chemicals in the US and Canada and marketing of crude oil in Texas and Louisiana. The company primarily operates in the US.
During FY2016, the company had crude oil reserves of 187,000 barrels and 4.2 billion cubic feet (BCF) of natural gas. The company drilled seven gross exploratory and development wells and 13 net wells during the year. At the end of FY2016, the company had a total of 273 gross oil wells. In addition, Adams’ net oil production totaled 76,700 barrels and net natural gas production totaled 662,000 million cubic feet (MCF).
The company operates through three segments: Marketing, Transportation and Oil and Gas.
The Marketing segment conducts its business through GulfMark Energy (GulfMark). GulfMark purchases crude oil and arranges sales and deliveries to refiners and other customers. Its’ activities are concentrated primarily onshore in Texas, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Michigan and Louisiana. GulfMark operates 156 tractor-trailer rigs and maintains over 120 pipeline inventory locations or injection stations. Gulfmark has the ability to barge oil from four oil storage facilities along the inter-coastal waterway of Texas and Louisiana and maintains 425,000 barrels of storage capacity at the dock facilities in order to access waterborne markets for its products. During 2016, Gulfmark purchased approximately 72,900 barrels per day of crude oil at the field (wellhead) level.
In FY2016, the Marketing segment reported revenues of $1,043.8 million, which accounted for 94.9% of the company's total revenue.
Adams operates Transportation segment mainly through its subsidiary Service Transport Company (STC). STC transports liquid chemicals on a for hire basis in the US and Canada. The transportation service is provided to over 400 customers under multiple load contracts and loads covered under STC's standard price list. STC operates 308 truck tractors of which 259 are company owned with 49 independent owner-operator units and operates 558 tank trailers. In addition, STC also operates truck terminals in Houston, Corpus Christi, and Nederland, Texas as well as Baton Rouge (St. Gabriel), Louisiana, St. Rose, Louisiana and Mobile (Saraland), Alabama. Adams’ Transportation operations are headquartered at a terminal facility situated on 26.5 company-owned acres in Houston, Texas which includes maintenance facilities, an office building, tank wash rack facilities and a water treatment system. The St. Gabriel, Louisiana terminal is situated on 11.5 company-owned acres and includes an office building, maintenance bays and tank cleaning facilities.
In FY2016, the Transportation segment reported revenues of $52.4 million, which accounted for 4.8% of the company's total revenue.
The Oil and Gas segment conducts business through its subsidiary, Adams Resources Exploration Corporation (AREC). AREC is engaged in the exploration and development of domestic oil and gas properties primarily in the Permian Basin of West Texas and the Haynesville Shale. AREC’s offices are maintained in Houston and the company holds an interest in 470 producing wells of which six are company operated.
In FY2016, the Oil and Gas segment reported revenues of $3.4 million, which accounted for 0.3% of the company's total revenue.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Adams Resources and Energy, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Adams Resources and Energy, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Adams Resources and Energy, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Adams Resources and Energy, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Adams Resources and Energy, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Adams Resources and Energy, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Adams Resources and Energy, Inc.?
- How has Adams Resources and Energy, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Adams Resources and Energy, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Adams Resources and Energy, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Adams Resources and Energy, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Adams Resources and Energy, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years