Acuity is the parent company of Acuity Brands Lighting and other subsidiaries. The company, together with its subsidiaries, is one of the world’s largest providers of lighting and building management solutions for commercial, institutional, industrial, infrastructure, and residential applications throughout North America and select international markets. These solutions include devices such as luminaires, lighting controls, lighting components, power supplies, prismatic skylights and integrated lighting systems for indoor and outdoor applications. Acuity operates across North America, Europe and Asia. The company operates 20 manufacturing facilities, including nine facilities in the US, six facilities in Mexico, three facilities in Europe and two in Canada.
Acuity operates through one business segment: Lighting and Building Management Solutions.
The company's principal customers include electrical distributors, system integrators, retail home improvement centers, electric utilities, lighting showrooms, national accounts and energy service companies located in North America and select international markets serving new construction, renovation, and maintenance and repair applications. In North America, the company sells lighting and building management solutions through independent sales agents, electrical distributors, system integrators, and sales representatives covering specific geographic areas and market channels. Products are delivered directly or through a network of distribution centers, regional warehouses, and commercial warehouses using both common carriers and a company-owned truck fleet. To serve international customers, the sales forces utilize a variety of distribution methods to meet specific individual customer or country requirements.
The company sells its products under several brand names, including Lithonia Lighting, Holophane, Peerless, Gotham, Mark Architectural Lighting, Winona Lighting, Juno, Indy, AccuLite, Aculux, Healthcare Lighting, Hydrel, American Electric Lighting, Carandini, Antique Street Lamps, Sunoptics, RELOC Wiring Solutions, eldoLED, Distech Controls, and Acuity Controls. In FY2016, the Lighting and Building Management Solutions segment recorded revenues of $3,291.3 million, which accounted for 100% of the company’s total revenue.
Geographically, the company classifies its operations into two segments: the US, and international operations (primarily in Mexico and Europe). In FY2016, the US segment accounted for 89% of the company’s total revenue; followed by international operations with 11%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Acuity Brands, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Acuity Brands, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Acuity Brands, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Acuity Brands, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Acuity Brands, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Acuity Brands, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Acuity Brands, Inc.?
- How has Acuity Brands, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Acuity Brands, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Acuity Brands, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Acuity Brands, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Acuity Brands, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years