Acorda Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the identification, development and commercialization of novel therapies that restore function and improve the lives of people with neurological disorders. The company also help in improving neurological function in people with multiple sclerosis (MS), spinal cord injury (SCI) and other disorders of the central nervous system (CNS). The company primarily operates in the US.
Acorda's marketed products include Ampyra (dalfampridine) extended release tablets, 10mg, a treatment to improve walking in patients with MS; Zanaflex capsules (tizanidine hydrochloride) and tablets, short-acting drugs for the management of spasticity; and Qutenza (capsaicin), a dermal patch for the management of neuropathic pain associated with post-herpetic neuralgia (post-shingles pain).
Ampyra is marketed as Fampyra outside the US by Biogen Idec under a license and collaboration agreement with the company. Acorda collaborated with Astellas Pharma Europe to market Qutenza in the European Economic Area (EEA) including the 28 countries of the European Union (EU), Iceland, Norway, and Liechtenstein as well as Switzerland, certain countries in Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
The company is also developing a pipeline of novel neurological therapies addressing the range of disorders, including MS, Parkinson’s disease, chronic post-stroke walking deficits (PSWD), epilepsy and migraine. Acorda is currently developing Plumiaz, a proprietary nasal spray formulation of diazepam, for the treatment of people with epilepsy who experience acute repetitive seizures. The company is also engaged in studying dalfampridine to improve a range of functional impairments, in addition to walking disability, caused by MS, as well as its use in other neurological conditions, including cerebral palsy and post-stroke deficits. Further, Acorda initiated a Phase III clinical study for NP-1998 (capsaicin) 20%, a liquid formulation that is being assessed for the treatment of neuropathic pain.
Cimaglermin alfa (previously GGF2/neuregulins) is Acorda's lead product candidate for its neuregulin program. The company has completed a cimaglermin Phase 1 clinical trial in heart failure patients. Additional preclinical programs include chondroitinase, an enzyme that encourages nerve plasticity in SCI.
The company has collaborations with Alkermes, Rush-Presbyterian St. Luke's Medical Center, Watson Pharma (a subsidiary of Actavis), Canadian Spinal Research Organization, Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research, Paion, Cambridge Enterprise and King's College London, and Brigham and Women's Hospital.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Acorda Therapeutics, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Acorda Therapeutics, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Acorda Therapeutics, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Acorda Therapeutics, Inc.?
- How has Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Acorda Therapeutics, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Acorda Therapeutics, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years