Acer Incorporated is a global provider of hardware, software and services to information technology (IT) industry. The company offers marketing, research, design, sales and services for its portfolio of products, including personal computers (PCs), displays, projectors, servers, tablets, and other smart devices. The company operates its business through two segments: Device Business Group (IT Hardware Products) and Others.
Acer's IT Hardware Products is engaged in the research, design, and marketing of PCs, IT products, and tablet products. In FY2016, the IT Hardware Products segment reported revenues of NT$217,651.4 million, which accounted for 93.5% of the company's total revenue. The company's other business group is engaged in the activities of e-commerce, cloud services, smart devices, distribution of IT products, new energy devices, handheld devices, and real estate services. In FY2016, Others segment reported revenues of NT$15,072.7 million, which accounted for 6.5% of the company's total revenue. In addition, Acer offers information and communication technology (ICT) solutions, including information security management, mobility applications, software systems development, systems integration, system operation services, value-added business solutions, and internet data center services.
The company includes a family of three brands, including Acer, Gateway, and Packard Bell. The Acer brand offers laptops, desktops, tablets, smartphones, monitors, projectors, wearable devices, accessories, and gaming. Key sub-brands include consumer-focused Aspire series, and commercial focused TravelMate. The Gateway branded products include notebooks, desktops, and monitors. The Packard Bell brand offers notebook PCs. Geographically, the company classifies its operations into four segments, namely Taiwan, Mainland China, Americas, and others. In FY2016, Taiwan segment accounted for 9.3% of the company's total revenues, followed by Mainland China with 6.8%; Americas with 22.1%; and other regions with 61.8%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Acer Incorporated in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Acer Incorporated listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Acer Incorporated’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Acer Incorporated’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Acer Incorporated’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Acer Incorporated operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Acer Incorporated?
- How has Acer Incorporated performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Acer Incorporated rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Acer Incorporated strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Acer Incorporated’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Acer Incorporated? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years