ABM Industries Incorporated is a provider of integrated facility solutions. The company offers facilities engineering, energy solutions, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), electrical, landscape and turf, mission critical solutions, parking and security solutions. The company also provides custom facility solutions to properties of all sizes, from schools and commercial buildings to airports, data centers, hospitals, and manufacturing plants. The company primarily operates in the US.
The company operates through five business segments: Janitorial, Parking, Building and Energy Solutions, Facility services, and Other.
The company's Janitorial segment provides a range of essential cleaning services for a variety of facilities, including commercial office buildings, data centers, educational institutions, government buildings, health facilities, industrial buildings, retail stores, sport event facilities, and transportation hubs. These services include carpet cleaning and dusting, floor cleaning and finishing, window washing, and other building cleaning services. In FY2016, the Janitorial segment reported revenues of $2,768.4 million, which accounted for 53.8% of the company's total revenue.
The company's Parking segment provides parking and transportation services for clients at multiple facilities, including commercial office buildings, educational institutions, health facilities, hotels, sport event facilities, and transportation hubs. The company offers three types of arrangements for parking services: parking reimbursement, leased locations, and allowance locations. Under the parking reimbursement arrangements, the company manages the underlying parking facility for a management fee pass through the revenue and expenses associated with the facility to the owner. Under the leased location arrangements, the company generally pays to the property owner a fixed amount of rent, plus a percentage of revenues derived from monthly and transient parkers. Under allowance locations arrangements, the company is paid a fixed or hourly fee to provide parking services and is then responsible for the agreed-upon operating expenses based upon the agreement terms. In FY2016, the Parking segment reported revenues of $666 million, which accounted for 12.9% of the company's total revenue.
The company's Building and Energy Solutions segment provides custom energy solutions, HVAC, electrical, lighting and other general maintenance and repair services. These services include preventative maintenance, retro-commissioning, installations, retrofits and upgrades, environmental services, performance testing, energy audits and energy efficient products and solutions, and bundled energy solutions. The segment also provides facility management and environmental services, food and nutrition services, healthcare technology management services, and patient and guest services in support of healthcare systems and hospitals. The segment helps the US Government entities by providing construction management; healthcare support; leadership development; military base operations; and other mission support. The segment also includes the company's franchised operations under the Linc service and TEGG brands. In FY2016, the Building & Energy Solutions segment reported revenues of $643.2 million, which accounted for 12.5% of the company's total revenue. ABM's Facility Services segment provides onsite mechanical engineering and technical services and solutions for facilities and infrastructure systems for a variety of facilities, including commercial office buildings and infrastructure, data centers, educational institutions, high technology manufacturing facilities, shopping centers, and transportation hubs. In FY2016, the Facility Services segment reported revenues of $597.2 million, which accounted for 11.6% of the company's total revenue. The Other segment provides facility solutions to aviation service companies related to access control, aircraft cabin cleaning, certain shuttle bus operations, and passenger assistance. It provides services to clients in this segment under master services agreements. In FY2016, the Other segment reported revenues of $469.9 million, which accounted for 9.1% of the company's total revenue.
Geographically, the company classifies its operations into two segments, namely the US and all other countries. In FY2016, the US segment accounted for 94.2% of the company's total revenues, followed by all other countries with 5.8%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of ABM Industries Incorporated in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about ABM Industries Incorporated listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines ABM Industries Incorporated’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases ABM Industries Incorporated’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of ABM Industries Incorporated’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does ABM Industries Incorporated operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of ABM Industries Incorporated?
- How has ABM Industries Incorporated performed financially from the 2013?
- How does ABM Industries Incorporated rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are ABM Industries Incorporated strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are ABM Industries Incorporated’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of ABM Industries Incorporated? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years