ABIOMED is a provider of mechanical circulatory support devices and offers continuum of care to heart failure patients. The company develops, manufacture and market proprietary products that enable the heart to rest, heal and recover by improving blood flow and performing the pumping function of the heart. ABIOMED operates in the US, the UK, Germany, Japan, Ireland and France.
The company operates through a single segment: the research, development and sale of medical devices to assist or replace the pumping function of the failing heart.
ABIOMED product portfolio comprises Impella 2.5, Impella CP, Impella 5.0 and Impella LD, Impella RP, AB5000, and Automated Impella Controller (AIC).
The company's Impella 2.5 catheter is a percutaneous micro heart pump with an integrated motor and sensors for use in interventional cardiology. It is inserted through the femoral artery to reach the left ventricle of the heart where it is directly deployed to draw blood out of ventricle, deliver it to the circulatory system.
ABIOMED's Impella CP provides blood flow of approximately one liter more per minute than the Impella 2.5 and is indicated for up to six hours of partial circulatory support using an extracorporeal bypass control unit. It provides partial circulatory support, for up to six hours, during procedures not requiring cardiopulmonary bypass.
The company's Impella 5.0 catheter and Impella LD are percutaneous micro heart pumps with integrated motors and sensors for use in the heart surgery suites. The devices support patients who require circulatory support. The Impella 5.0 is implanted through an incision in the femoral cut down or through the axillary artery.
ABIOMED's Impella RP is a percutaneous catheter-based axial flow pump that allows greater than four liters of flow per minute and is intended to provide the flow and pressure needed to compensate for right heart failure.
The company manufactures and sells the AB5000 Circulatory Support System for the temporary support of acute heart failure patients in profound shock, including patients suffering from cardiogenic shock after a heart attack, post-cardiotomy cardiogenic shock or myocarditis.
ABIOMED's AIC is a user control interface for the Impella platform featuring a 10-inch high-resolution display. It controls the Impella catheter performance, monitors for alarms, and displays real-time hemodynamic and catheter position information.
The company's subsidiaries are Abiomed R&D, Inc.; ABD Holding Company, Inc.; Abiomed Europe, GmbH; ECP Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH; AIS GmbH Aachen Innovative Solutions; Abiomed SARL; Abiomed Limited; Abiomed Athlone Ltd; and Abiomed Japan KK.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of ABIOMED, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about ABIOMED, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines ABIOMED, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases ABIOMED, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of ABIOMED, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does ABIOMED, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of ABIOMED, Inc.?
- How has ABIOMED, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does ABIOMED, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are ABIOMED, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are ABIOMED, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of ABIOMED, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years