Abcam Plc is engaged in the development, marketing and distribution of antibodies and related products. The company produces its own antibodies in specialist facilities and also sources other antibodies from over 400 original equipment manufacturer (OEM) partners. Abcam operates in the US, the UK, Hong Kong, China and Japan. The company’s product line includes range of non-primary antibody products such as secondaries, proteins, agonists peptides, activators, in vitro diagnostic (IVD) antibodies, inhibitors, lysates, antagonists, immunoassays and other kits. Abcam's products cover a range of research areas including cancer, cardiovascular, cell biology, developmental biology, drug discovery products and services, epigenetics and nuclear signaling, immunology, microbiology, neuroscience, signal transduction and stem cells.
Abcam’s product catalogue includes core primary antibodies, RabMAb primary antibodies and non-primary antibody products. In FY2017, the company generated 54.5% of the total revenue from core primary antibodies, followed by RabMAb primary antibodies (19.1%) and non-primary antibody products (19.7%), the remaining 6.7% of the total revenue generated from royalty income, custom products and licensing revenue. Abcam supplies its products through distributors and also sells a catalog of antibodies through online. The company also provides scientific support on all of its products including protocols and troubleshooting tips, and antibody guide. The company has presence at 12 locations internationally, and distributes its products to 130 countries worldwide. In FY2017, the company invested GBP18.58 million in its research and development activities, which accounted for 8.6% of the total revenue.
Geographically, the company classifies its business operations into six regions: the US, China, Japan, the UK, Germany and Other countries. In FY2017, the company generated 42.3% of its total revenue from the US, followed by China (12.3%), Japan (8.4%), the UK (5.8%), Germany (5.7%) and 25.5% from other countries. The company's subsidiaries include: Abcam Inc, Abcam (Hong Kong) Limited, MitoSciences Inc, Epitomics (Hangzhou) Biotechnology Co., Limited, Epitomics Inc, Abcam K.K., Abcam Employee Share Benefit Trust Limited, Abcam LLC and Ascent Scientific Limited.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Abcam Plc in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Abcam Plc listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Abcam Plc’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Abcam Plc’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Abcam Plc’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Abcam Plc operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Abcam Plc?
- How has Abcam Plc performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Abcam Plc rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Abcam Plc strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Abcam Plc’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Abcam Plc? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years