AbbVie Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development and marketing of products focused on treating conditions such as chronic autoimmune diseases in rheumatology, gastroenterology and dermatology; oncology, including blood cancers; virology, including hepatitis C (HCV) and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV); neurological disorders, such as Parkinson's disease; metabolic diseases, including thyroid disease and complications associated with cystic fibrosis; as well as other serious health conditions.
The company operates in the US, Canada, Mexico, European Union, Japan, Brazil and other countries. The company operates in one business segment: Pharmaceutical Products. AbbVie's pharmaceutical product portfolio consists mainly of Humira (adalimumab) and products in therapeutic areas of oncology, metabolics/hormone, endocrinology, and virology. Humira is a biologic therapy administered as a subcutaneous injection. In the US, Canada, Mexico (collectively North America), and the European Union (EU), it is approved to treat autoimmune diseases. In North America and the EU, Humira is approved to treat autoimmune diseases including rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, Crohn's disease, plaque psoriasis, juvenile idiopathic arthritis, ulcerative colitis, pediatric enthesitis-related arthritis, hidradenitis suppurativa and non-infectious intermediate, posterior and panuveitis. In the EU, Humira is also approved for the treatment of axial spondyloarthropathy.
Humira is approved in Japan for the treatment of intestinal Behcet's disease. The drug is sold in numerous other markets worldwide, including Japan, China, Brazil and Australia. AbbVie’s oncology products include Imbruvica (ibrutinib), and Venclexta (venetoclax). Imbruvica is a first-in-class, oral, once-daily therapy, currently approved for the treatment of patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), CLL patients who have del 17p and patients with Waldenstrom's macroglobulinemia.
Imbruvica is also approved for the treatment of patients with mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) who have received at least one prior therapy. Imbruvica has FDA approval for the treatment of patients with relapsed/refractory marginal zone lymphoma (MZL) who require systemic therapy and have received at least one prior anti-CD20-based therapy. Venclexta is approved to treat people with CLL with 17p deletion, who have received at least one prior treatment. Venclexta has also been approved in the EU for the treatment of CLL in patients with 17p deletion or TP53 mutation and are unsuitable for or have failed a B-cell receptor pathway inhibitor and for the treatment of CLL in absence of 17p deletion or TP53 mutation who have failed both chemoimmunotherapy and a B-cell receptor pathway inhibitor. AbbVie's metabolic/hormone products target a number of conditions, including testosterone deficiency due to certain underlying conditions, exocrine pancreatic insufficiency and hypothyroidism. These products include Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium tablets, USP) for the treatment of hypothyroidism; AndroGel (testosterone gel), a testosterone replacement therapy for males diagnosed with symptomatic low testosterone due to certain underlying conditions; and Creon (pancrelipase), a pancreatic enzyme therapy for exocrine pancreatic insufficiency.
The company's endocrinology products include Lupron (leuprolide acetate), also marketed as Lucrin and Lupron Depot, for the palliative treatment of advanced prostate cancer; treatment of endometriosis and central precocious puberty; and for the preoperative treatment of patients with anemia caused by uterine fibroids.
Virology products offered by the company address unmet needs for patients living with HCV and HIV-1. AbbVie's HCV product is Viekira Pak, an all-oral, short-course, interferon-free therapy, with or without ribavirin, for the treatment of adult patients with genotype 1 chronic HCV, including those with compensated cirrhosis. In Europe, AbbVie's HCV treatment is marketed as Viekirax + Exviera and is approved for use in patients with genotype 1 and genotype 4 HCV. In 2015, the FDA approved AbbVie's Technivie (ombitasvir, paritaprevir and ritonavir) for use in combination with ribavirin for the treatment of adults with genotype 4 HCV infection in the US. Additional virology products of the company include Kaletra (lopinavir/ritonavir), also marketed as Aluvia in emerging markets, which is a prescription anti-HIV-1 medicine; Norvir (ritonavir), a protease inhibitor indicated in combination with other antiretroviral agents for the treatment of HIV-1 infection; and Synagis (palivizumab), a product marketed by AbbVie outside the US that protects at-risk infants from severe respiratory disease caused by respiratory syncytial virus (RSV).
Other products manufactured by AbbVie include Sevoflurane (sold under the trademarks Ultane and Sevorane), an anesthesia product; Duodopa and Duopa (carbidopa and levodopa), intestinal gels for the treatment of advanced Parkinson's disease; and Zinbryta (daclizumab), a subcutaneous treatment for relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis. Geographically, the company classifies its operations into 11 segments, namely the US, Germany, the UK, Japan, France, Canada, Spain, Italy, Brazil, the Netherlands, and All Other Countries. In FY2016, the US segment accounted for 62.2% of the company's total revenues, followed by Germany with 4.3%; the UK with 3%; Japan with 3%; France with 2.8%; Canada with 2.4%; Spain with 2.3%; Italy with 2%; Brazil with 1.4%; the Netherlands with 1.4%; and All Other Countries with 15.2%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of AbbVie Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about AbbVie Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines AbbVie Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases AbbVie Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of AbbVie Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does AbbVie Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of AbbVie Inc.?
- How has AbbVie Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does AbbVie Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are AbbVie Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are AbbVie Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of AbbVie Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
-- 7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
-- 7.1.2 IT Spend
-- 7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years