Abbott Laboratories is a global health care company engaged in the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of branded generic pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, medical devices, and diagnostics. The company has its presence in several countries, with major operations in the US, the Netherlands, Germany, Japan, Italy, France, Canada, the UK and Spain.
In FY2015, the company operated through four segments: nutritionals, diagnostics, established pharmaceuticals, and vascular. In addition, the company supplies products under its 'other business'.
The nutritionals segment include a broad line of pediatric and adult nutritional products manufactured, marketed, and sold directly to consumers and to institutions, wholesalers, retailers, health care facilities, government agencies, and third-party distributors from Abbott-owned distribution centers or third-party distributors. The segment includes various forms of prepared infant formula and follow-on formula, including Similac, Similac, Advance, Similac with Iron, Similac Sensitive, Similac Sensitive, including others; and adult and other pediatric nutritional products, including Ensure, Ensure Plus, Ensure Muscle Health, Ensure Complete, and others. The nutritionals segment also includes nutritional products used in enteral feeding in health care institutions, including Jevity, Glucerna 1.2 Cal, Glucerna 1.5 Cal, Osmolite, including others; and Zone Perfect bars and the EAS family of nutritional brands, including Myoplex and AdvantEdge.
The diagnostics segment is engaged in manufacturing and marketing diagnostic systems and tests and selling them to blood banks, hospitals, commercial laboratories, clinics, physicians' offices, government agencies, alternate care testing sites, and plasma protein therapeutic companies from Abbott owned distribution centers, public warehouses or third party distributors. The products included in the segment are: immunoassay and clinical chemistry systems including ARCHITECT and ABBOTT PRISM; a full line of hematology systems and reagents known as the Cell-Dyn series; the i-STAT point-of-care diagnostic systems and cartridges for blood analysis; and informatics and automation solutions for use in laboratories.
The company's established pharmaceuticals segment consists of branded generic pharmaceuticals manufactured worldwide and marketed and sold outside the US. These products are generally sold directly to wholesalers, distributors, government agencies, health care facilities, pharmacies, and independent retailers from Abbott-owned distribution centers and public warehouses. The segment includes gastroenterology products, including Creon; women's health products, including Duphaston; cardiovascular and metabolic products, including Lipanthyl and TriCor; pain and central nervous system products, including Serc; and respiratory drugs and vaccines, including Biaxin.
The vascular segment includes coronary, endovascular, vessel closure, and structural heart devices for the treatment of vascular disease that are manufactured, marketed and sold worldwide. Its major brands include Xience Xpedition, Xience Prime, Xience nano, Xience V, Multi-Link, TREK, Voyager, Elite, StarClose, Perclose, Acculink/Accunet, MitraClip, Absorb and Xact/Emboshield.
Besides its four reportable business segments, Abbott also sell products, which fall under 'other business'. The company's 'other business' includes blood glucose, and flash glucose monitoring systems, including test strips, sensors, data management decision software, and accessories for people with diabetes, under the FreeStyle brand, and medical devices for the eye, including cataract surgery, laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis (LASIK) surgery, contact lens care products, and dry eye products.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Abbott Laboratories in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Abbott Laboratories listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Abbott Laboratories’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Abbott Laboratories’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Abbott Laboratories’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Abbott Laboratories operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Abbott Laboratories?
- How has Abbott Laboratories performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Abbott Laboratories rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Abbott Laboratories strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Abbott Laboratories’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Abbott Laboratories? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
-- 7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
-- 7.1.2 IT Spend
-- 7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years