ABB, Ltd. is a global engineering company primarily engaged in power and automation technologies. The company serves electric, gas, and water utilities, besides industrial and commercial customers. It operates in approximately 100 countries across Europe, Asia, Middle East and Africa (AMEA), and the Americas. The company classified its business into four segments: Power Grids; Electrification Products; Discrete Automation and Motion; and Process Automation. The Power Grids segment includes the remaining businesses of the former power products and power systems segments, excluding the businesses transferred to other segments.
The segment supplies the power and automation solutions to customers and comprises ABB’s AC grid, DC grid and grid automation activities, as well as the company’s transformer and high-voltage product businesses. The segment is also focused on meeting the power and automation technology challenges of power grid utilities, such as the integration of renewable energies, growing power network complexity, grid automation, and the development of smart grids and micro-grids. In FY2016, the Power Grids segment reported revenues of $10,408 million, which accounted for 30.8% of the company's total revenue. The Electrification Products segment includes ABB’s medium-voltage products business as well as the breakers and switches, control products, building products, low-voltage systems, and Thomas & Betts activities.
The company offers a range of low- and medium-voltage solutions to connect, protect, control, and measure a range of electrical systems for all major industries, including the residential sector. In FY2016, the Electrification Products segment reported revenues of $8,744 million, which accounted for 25.9% of the company's total revenue.
The Discrete Automation and Motion segment offers a range of products and services including variable-speed drives, motion control solutions, motors, generators, power electronics systems, rectifiers, power quality and power protection products, mechanical power transmission of rotating equipment, traction converters, solar inverters, wind turbine converters, electric vehicle charging infrastructure, programmable logic controllers (PLCs), and industrial robots. Some of the key applications also include energy conversion, data processing, actuation, automation, standardized manufacturing cells for applications such as machine tending, welding, cutting, painting, finishing, picking, packing and palletizing, and engineered systems for the automotive industry.
The segment also provides a full range of life-cycle services, from product and system maintenance to application design, including energy efficiency appraisals, preventive maintenance and remote monitoring services. In FY2016, the Discrete Automation and Motion segment reported revenues of $8,169 million, which accounted for 24.2% of the company's total revenue. The Process Automation segment offers products and solutions for instrumentation, automation and optimization of industrial processes. It provides fully engineered solutions, products, and services for process control, safety, instrumentation, plant electrification and energy management for the key process industry sectors of chemical, oil and gas, marine, mining, minerals, metals, cement, and pulp and paper.
The process automation segment offers standalone products, engineered systems and services for process control and measurement, safety, plant electrification, information management, asset management and industry specific applications for a variety of industries, primarily oil and gas, power, chemicals and pharmaceuticals, pulp and paper, metals and minerals, marine and turbocharging. Key customer benefits include improved asset productivity and energy savings. In FY2016, the Process Automation segment reported revenues of $6,448 million, which accounted for 19.1% of the company's total revenue.
Geographically, the company classifies its operations into three segments, namely Asia, Middle East and Africa, Europe, and The Americas. In FY2016, Asia, Middle East and Africa segment accounted for 37.8% of the company's total revenues, followed by Europe with 33.4%; and The Americas with 28.8%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of ABB, Ltd. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about ABB, Ltd. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines ABB, Ltd.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases ABB, Ltd.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of ABB, Ltd.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does ABB, Ltd. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of ABB, Ltd.?
- How has ABB, Ltd. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does ABB, Ltd. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are ABB, Ltd. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are ABB, Ltd.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of ABB, Ltd.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years