A.P. Moller-Maersk A/S (Maersk) is a diversified conglomerate involved in a range of activities, including shipping, transportation, offshore and energy. The group is also involved in the production of oil, gas and other oil related activities, including drilling and offshore services. Maersk comprises approximately 900 companies with operations spread across 130 countries. The group primarily operates in Denmark, the US, Qatar, the UK, China, Hong Kong, Brazil, Algeria, Singapore, and others geographies. The group operates through eight reportable business segments: Maersk Line, Maersk Oil, APM Terminals, Damco, Maersk Drilling, Maersk Tankers, Svitzer, and Maersk Supply Service. In September 2016, the company reorganized its business operations into two independent divisions: an integrated Transport & Logistics division and an Energy division.
Five segments: Maersk Line, APM Terminals, Damco, Svitzer and Maersk Container Industry are part of the company’s transport and logistics division, while the remaining three segments Maersk Oil, Maersk Drilling and Maersk Supply Service are part of Maersk’s energy division. Maersk Line is a global container shipping segment engaged in providing ocean transportation services. As of December 31, 2016, the company’s fleet consisted of 590 vessels including 292 owned vessels and 347 chartered vessels corresponding to more than three million TEUs (twenty-foot equivalent units). As of December 31, 2016, the Maersk Line segment reported revenue of US$20,416 million or 59.1% of the company’s total revenue. Maersk Oil is a global oil and gas segment operated by its subsidiary, Mærsk Olie og Gas A/S. The group has production activities in Denmark, the UK, Qatar, Kazakhstan, the US Gulf of Mexico, and Algeria. It also has exploration and development activities in Angola, Norway, Kenya, Ethiopia, Greenland, Brazil, and Kurdistan Region of Iraq and in the producing countries. As of December 31, 2016, the Maersk Oil segment reported revenue of US$4,718 million or 13.7% of the company’s total revenue. In August 2017, Mærsk signed an agreement to sell Maersk Oil to Total S.A for US$7.45 billion. APM Terminals provides port and inland infrastructure to drive global commerce. In addition, it provides a range of local inland transportation and cargo services around the world.
In FY2016, the segment acquired eight out of 11 terminals from the Spanish Grup Marítim TCB’s (TCB) port and rail interests. As of December 31, 2016, the APM Terminals segment reported revenue of US$2,821 million or 8.2% of the company’s total revenue. Damco is a provider of freight forwarding and supply chain management services. Damco's focus is on simplifying complex supply chains, uncovering efficiency improvements that enable their customers to cut their inventories, reducing operating costs, and making significant short-term savings for long-term competitiveness. As of December 31, 2016, the Damco segment reported revenue of US$2,507 million or 7.3% of the company’s total revenue.
Maersk Drilling provides high-technology drilling services to oil companies around the world. The segment operates jack-up drilling rigs in the North Sea as well as in the Middle East, Southeast Asia, Australia, the Mediterranean, and the US Gulf of Mexico. As of December 31, 2016, the Maersk Drilling segment reported revenue of US$2,222 million or 6.4% of the company’s total revenue. Maersk Tankers is involved in the transport of crude oil, refined oil products, and gas around the world. The segment owns and operates a fleet of around 100 vessels. As of December 31, 2016, the Maersk Tankers segment reported revenue of US$875 million or 2.5% of the company’s total revenue.
Svitzer is engaged in the provision of towage, salvage and emergency response services with a fleet of 430 vessels. As of December 31, 2016, the Svitzer segment reported revenue of US$611 million or 1.8% of the company’s total revenue. Maersk Supply Service is a provider of global offshore marine services. The segment has a fleet of around 60 vessels that provide a range of services, including anchor handling, moving offshore structures such as drilling rigs and barges and providing support from offshore crane vessels. The segment also offers subsea infrastructure assistance, transportation of equipment to and from rigs and production units, and installation of heavy mooring and presets. As of December 31, 2016, the Maersk Supply Service segment reported revenue of US$374 million or 1.1% of the company’s total revenue. The company classifies its geographic operations into eight regions: Denmark, Algeria, China and Hong Kong, Qatar, Singapore, the UK, the US and Other. In FY2016, the group's largest geographic market, the US accounted for 16.6% of its total revenue, followed by the UK accounted for 6.9%, Qatar (5.7%), China and Hong Kong (4.5%), Denmark (4%), Algeria (2.1%), and Singapore (0.5%). Other geographies accounted for the remaining 59.7% of the total revenues of Maersk.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of A.P. Moller-Maersk A/S in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about A.P. Moller-Maersk A/S listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines A.P. Moller-Maersk A/S’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases A.P. Moller-Maersk A/S’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of A.P. Moller-Maersk A/S’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does A.P. Moller-Maersk A/S operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of A.P. Moller-Maersk A/S?
- How has A.P. Moller-Maersk A/S performed financially from the 2013?
- How does A.P. Moller-Maersk A/S rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are A.P. Moller-Maersk A/S strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are A.P. Moller-Maersk A/S’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of A.P. Moller-Maersk A/S? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years