A. O. Smith Corporation manufactures and markets residential and commercial gas, gas tankless and electric water heaters, as well as water treatment products. The company has manufacturing operations in the US, China, India, and Europe.
The company operates through two reportable segments: North America and Rest of World. Both segments primarily manufacture and market in their respective regions of the world. The North America segment includes operations in the US and Canada. The segment manufactures and globally markets specialty commercial water heating equipment, condensing and non-condensing boilers and water systems tanks. North America offers electric, natural gas, gas tankless and liquid propane models, as well as solar tank units. Its residential and commercial water heaters come in sizes ranging from 2.5 gallon (point-of-use) models to 12,000 gallon products with varying ranges. Its residential and commercial boilers range in size from 40,000 British Thermal Units (BTUs) to 6 million BTUs. Its commercial boilers are primarily used in space heating applications for hospitals, schools, hotels and other large commercial buildings. The segment also assembles and markets water treatment products. Additionally, it offers expansion tanks, commercial solar water heating systems, swimming pool and spa heaters, and related products and parts.
In FY2016, the North America segment reported revenues of $1,743.2 million, which accounted for 64.4% of the company's total revenue. The Rest of World segment comprises China, India, and Europe. The segment is a supplier of water heaters to the residential market in China, with a broad product offering including electric, gas, gas tankless, heat pump and solar units, as well as combi boilers. Primarily for Asia, the company also manufactures and markets in-home air purification products in China. In addition, through the Rest of World segment, the company sells water heaters in the European and Middle Eastern markets, and water treatment products in Turkey and Vietnam.
In FY2016, the Rest of World segment reported revenues of $965.6 million, which accounted for 35.6% of the company's total revenue. Geographically, the company classifies its operations into four segments, namely the US, China, Canada, and Other Foreign. In FY2016, the US segment accounted for 58.5% of the company's total revenues, followed by China with 33%; Canada with 5.2%; and Other Foreign with 3.3%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of A. O. Smith Corporation in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about A. O. Smith Corporation listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines A. O. Smith Corporation’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases A. O. Smith Corporation’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of A. O. Smith Corporation’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does A. O. Smith Corporation operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of A. O. Smith Corporation?
- How has A. O. Smith Corporation performed financially from the 2013?
- How does A. O. Smith Corporation rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are A. O. Smith Corporation strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are A. O. Smith Corporation’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of A. O. Smith Corporation? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years