3M India is engaged in manufacturing and marketing a range of products in India. The company is the Indian arm of 3M Company, USA. 3M India operates in India. The company operates its business through six segments: Industrial, Health Care, Safety and Graphics, Consumer, Energy and Others. 3M India's Industrial segment serves a range of markets, including general industry, appliances, paper and packaging, food and beverage, electronics, automotive original equipment manufacturer (OEM), and automotive aftermarket (auto body shops and retail), among others. It provides a range of industrial and transportation business products, including tapes; coated and non-woven abrasives; adhesives; specialty materials; and components and products that are used in the manufacture, repair and maintenance of automotive, marine, aircraft and specialty vehicles.
3M India offers its products under the brand name of Scotch. In FY2017, the Industrial segment reported revenues of INR10,577.0 million, which accounted for 43.0% of the company's total revenue. The company's Health Care business segment serves markets, including multi-specialty hospitals and small clinics, dental and orthodontic practitioners, processed food manufacturers and pharmaceutical companies.
It offers medical and surgical supplies, medical devices, skin and wound care and infection prevention products and solutions, drug delivery systems, dental and orthodontic products, and food safety products. In FY2017, the Health Care segment reported revenues of INR3,735.5 million, which accounted for 15.2% of the company's total revenue.
3M India's Safety and Graphics segment offers personal protection products, brand and asset protection solutions, border control products, passive fire protection products for industries and commercial establishments; and track and trace products, and cleaning and hygiene products for the hospitality industry. Its display and graphics business is an amalgamation of four divisional subsets- the traffic safety systems division (TSSD), the commercial graphics division (CGD), the architectural markets division (AMD) and the mobile interactive solutions division (MISD).
TSSD offers a range of road safety services and motor vehicle safety solutions, including retro reflective traffic signs for highways and cities, pavement marking and vehicle registration products and services. CGD portfolio includes products such as films, inks and digital signage products. AMD offers wall and glass cladding products, and also provides architectural interior services and environmental graphics for home and office spaces. MISD offers a range of products for the electronic displays market. It offers projection system, computer and automated teller machine (ATM)-screen privacy filters, and brightness enhancement films for television, avionics and automotive displays. In FY2017, the Safety And Graphics segment reported revenues of INR6,153.4 million, which accounted for 25.0% of the company's total revenue.
The company's Consumer segment is engaged in serving the markets that include consumer retail, modern trade, office retail, and the pharmacy channel. The products in this segment include office supply products, stationery products, home care products, protective material products, and consumer health care products. The consumer products include Scotch brand products, such as Scotch Magic tape and Scotch glue stick; Post-it products, such as Post-it flags, Post-it note pads and dispensers; home care products, including Scotch-Brite Scour Pads, Scotch-Brite scrub sponges, Scotch-Brite microfiber cloth products; and Nexcare Adhesive and Nexcare branded first aid products. In FY2017, the Consumer segment reported revenues of INR2,491.5 million, which accounted for 10.1% of the company's total revenue. 3M India's Energy segment engaged in contributing the sources of power, electronic devices, and telecommunications networks. This segment includes products such as Fusion Bonded Epoxy coatings, Sun films and renewable energy. In FY2017, the Energy segment reported revenues of INR1,334.8 million, which accounted for 5.4% of the company's total revenue.
In FY2017, the Others segment reported revenues of INR286.3 million, which accounted for 1.2% of the company's total revenue. The company operates plants in Bengaluru, Ahmedabad, Pondicherry and Pimpri (Pune) and Ranjangaon (Pune).
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of 3M India Limited in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about 3M India Limited listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines 3M India Limited’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases 3M India Limited’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of 3M India Limited’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does 3M India Limited operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of 3M India Limited?
- How has 3M India Limited performed financially from the 2013?
- How does 3M India Limited rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are 3M India Limited strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are 3M India Limited’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of 3M India Limited? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
-- 7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
-- 7.1.2 IT Spend
-- 7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
-- 7.2.1 IT Overview
-- 7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
-- 7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
-- 7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
-- 7.2.5 Key IT Management
-- 7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years